Published on October 11th, 2017
Winter sucks. Sucks the moisture right out of the air that is! As the days grow colder here in the Chicago area, the air gets drier … and so does your skin. People become almost desperate to replace the moisture lost to winter’s cold air. Your home’s structure and its contents cry out for help, too. Save your skin and protect your home and its contents. Let Blue Frost Heating & Cooling install a whole-house humidifier in your home this winter.
Winter Air Behooves You to Install a Whole-House Humidifier
Your home environment is very dry when the humidity level falls below 30 percent. And low-humidity encourages adverse effects.
- Viruses are encouraged to grow. Think flu, colds and other such illnesses.
- You are more prone to infection.
- Asthma and allergy symptoms are aggravated.
- Noses become dry, really dry, and nosebleeds happen.
- Throats get sore.
- Your skin is dry, extremely itchy. It may crack and bleed.
- Static electricity: shocks, fly-away hair, sticky clothes …
- Hardwood floors, furniture, moldings, and musical instruments can split and crack. Even artwork, electronics, plaster and paint can split and crack in very dry environments.
Put an end to enduring that constant (and super-annoying, I might add) itch that drives you to distraction or buying stock in a lotion company. Don’t hock Johnny’s fiddle. Invest in a whole-house humidifier instead.
Which whole-house humidifier should you invest in?
There are two types of home humidifiers. Most people are familiar with the small, inconvenient, portable type. The other type, the best type, is the install-it-and-forget-it whole-house humidifier. We vote “Yes” on this type. Here’s why:
- A whole-house humidifier is not portable.
- It is installed directly on your cooling and heating system and integrated into the blower system on your furnace.
- Whole-house humidifiers provide humidity in the form of water vapor throughout your home via the heating ducts.
- The level of humidity whole-house humidifiers provide is monitored and controlled by a thermostat. (This is where the install-it-and-forget-it part comes in. Nice, huh?)
In what ways can a whole-house humidifier benefit your family?
A whole-house humidifier installed by the great people of Blue Frost Heating & Cooling can:
- protect you, your home and its contents from the adverse effects of dry winter air
- help you feel warmer at lower temperatures
- save you up to 4 percent per degree the temperature on your thermostat is lowered. (Enter energy efficiency and money saved! Yessss!)
Everyone benefits from an installed whole-house humidifier. Whether your heating and cooling system is new or existing, radiant or baseboard heat, there is a whole-house system for you. Call Blue Frost Heating & Cooling today at (630) 761-9007 and ask about our wonderful pre-season offer. Save your home and family from winter’s dry, damaging air.