Why is My AC Not Blowing Cold Air?
With the weather warming up, now is an important time of year to stay on top of your air conditioner and any potential problems that it has. One of the most common reasons customers call on our AC repair services near Bartlett is because of air conditioners that are seemingly working only to still find yourself panting inside. Our team at Blue Frost Heating and Cooling is here to help you pinpoint the problem so that you can be comfortable for the summer.
AC Not Blowing Any Air
Your air conditioner is making noise as if it is on, but it might not be blowing any air. If you are in this situation, follow these steps:
- Check the temperature of your thermostat: the temperature of your thermostat should be at least 5 degrees below the temperature of your room.
- Set the thermostat to “cool:” this is a simple enough task, but it is crucial! A simple bump or misstep can cause the thermostat to turn “heat” or turn it off altogether.
- Check the air filter: Air filters play an important role in making sure that your AC is working as it should be. If they are too dirty, the air flow will be blocked. Call on our AC repair services near Bartlett if you find yourself in this situation.
Warm Air Coming Out
If you notice that air is coming from your unit but it is not cold, here are the steps that you can take:
- Check the thermostat: The fan setting on your thermostat should be turned to “auto” rather than “on.” This will help ensure the air is cold.
- Check the AC unit outside: Grass, dirt or dust can inhibit the functionality of your AC unit. Make sure it has plenty of breathing room by trimming bushes and wiping down the surfaces.
Don’t suffer through a miserable summer without a functioning AC unit! Contact our team at Blue Frost Heating & Cooling today.
Get to know our quick installation process of a device tailored to your needs
- In-Home Consultation
- Free In-Home Estimate Provided
- Timely Installation Scheduled
- Quality Installation Performed
- Enjoy Your Enhancement