Published on December 13th, 2017
Is there a room in your home that gets so hot during the summer you start sweating just walking around in it? Maybe that same room turns ice cold when frigid winds start to howl or when temperatures in the teens arrive. Whatever the case, it’s more uncomfortable to spend time in that room than it is anywhere else in the house. And so that room goes unused. And that needs to change. It may need a ductless HVAC system. Mini-split systems are ideal for heating and cooling small spaces and for maintaining different temperatures in specific rooms.
How a Ductless HVAC System Benefits You and Your Home
Modern ductless systems are a great alternative to central air for your home. They consist of both an indoor and outdoor unit which supplies heating or cooling to each room in your home. Consider these things when choosing a ductless HVAC system for your home:
- Ductless HVAC systems offer higher flexibility. They can be used in a variety of combinations and places including ceiling suspensions, flush-mounting onto drop ceilings, wall mounting, floor standing models, and more. And they are ideal for controlling temperatures in specific rooms.
- These systems save money. Multiple units work independently of one another, allowing for increased zoned temperature control. By increasing zoned system efficiency, they lower utility costs. Some systems even qualify for rebates or tax credits.
- Because ductless HVAC systems have multi-stage filtration, the number of airborne pollutants and particulates in the home are significantly decreased improving indoor air quality.
- The need for ductwork is eliminated. Ductless HVAC systems can be installed in about a day since only small pipes are installed throughout your home.
- And these ductless systems are environmentally friendly. They are energy efficient and follow ENERGY STAR guidelines because of their small size and the way they control zones. This means your carbon footprint will be lower, too.
Garages, sunrooms, basements, even attics, bathrooms, spare bedrooms, work sheds, mother-in-law suites, and office spaces are some of the best rooms in your home. If you’re not using them, you’re not getting your money’s worth out of them. Ductless HVAC systems work best for small, confined spaces, but even tiny homes and entire homes benefit from the installation of a mini-split system.
If your garage or basement doesn’t have ductwork infrastructure necessary for heating and cooling, a ductless HVAC system could be the perfect solution. If the temperature of your sunroom needs to be controlled without impacting the temperatures of other rooms in your home, consider a mini-split system for heating or cooling it.
Would your home achieve better energy efficiency with the installation of a ductless HVAC system? Call Blue Frost Heating & Cooling at (630) 761-9007 today. Our experienced HVAC technicians will assess your needs and discuss your options to help you make an informed decision.