Published on October 4th, 2017
What’s trending in plumbing products for 2017? New, cool, and cutting-edge plumbing products, that’s what! A dynamic, holistic look brought about by bringing opposites together.
A lot of what was trending last year is trending again this year. But this year the focus is on the finishes. Bronze, brass, gunmetal, pewter, black nickel, polished gold, satin gold, rose gold, and all shades and textures of black are used together to create dynamic kitchens and bathrooms.
Other Prevalent Trends in Plumbing Products this Year
The ISH Trade Fair is held every other year in Frankfurt, Germany. It is the world’s largest exhibition of plumbing products. In addition to many different finishes, here’s a list of what is trending, all the rage, and significant in plumbing:
- Rings and cuts in faucet bases
- Small wall-mounted sinks
- Industrial look
- Smart shower systems – music, temperature, light and aroma therapies, steam, … at the touch of a button!
- Multi-purpose and functional showerheads
- Bright and bold colors on kitchen and bath vanity faucets
- Mixed textures – matte exteriors combined with different colored polished and glossy interiors
- Push button technology
- Pull-out kitchen faucet that is easier to use and more functional
- App-controlled toilet for urine analysis
- Electronic shut-off valves that will send a message to a smart device to alert you of a leaking pipe or fixture
So whether you want to create a spa retreat in your master bedroom like I do or increase the value of your home for resale, ask yourself these two questions:
- What do you want?
- What can you honestly afford?
Options can seem endless and even overwhelming, but manufacturers offer a wide range of fixtures and finishes that can help you accomplish your goals and stay within what you can honestly afford. If you take the time to learn the basics of shower fixtures, sinks, faucets and toilets, budget and find the best options for your bathroom or kitchen, your remodel or update will be much easier.
Do your homework and get real. Expect the unexpected. And if you get overwhelmed with all the plumbing products to choose from, give Blue Frost Heating & Cooling a call at (630) 761-9007. We like to help. Ask us about installation and kitchen or bathroom upgrades, too.