Flooding Happens: Install A Battery Backup Sump Pump Before It Does
Don’t leave home without having a battery backup sump pump installed!
How many of you sump pump owners have ever gone away on a relaxing vacation, feeling life is truly grand, only to return home to a flooded basement and tons of property damage? BAM, right in the ol’ wallet! And you were having such a grand time, too. Flooding happens. Let those grand vacations stay grand. Install a battery backup sump pump before you leave home.
What is a battery backup sump pump?
A battery backup sump pump is a separate battery powered reserve pump which is installed next to your existing main sump pump. It turns on automatically when power fails or when your main pump fails.
Why should you use a battery backup system?
You kinda already know the answer to that question. But here are 4 reasons why:
- Power goes out
- Main pump fails
- Float switch gets stuck
- Water is coming in faster than the main sump pump can handle
How does a battery backup system work?
A battery backup sump pump monitors and protects against flooding in your basement and keeps your basement dry because:
- When the power goes out, battery power activates the battery backup system.
- If the main pump fails, the battery backup sump pump will begin pumping automatically.
- Rising water automatically activates a battery backup system if a float switch gets stuck.
- If your main pump just can’t keep up with the amount of water rushing into your basement, the rising water will activate the battery backup sump pump to help the main pump keep up.
There are different types of battery backup sump pumps. When choosing one for your basement, consider its pumping capacity, the strength of its battery charger, the features of its monitoring alarm and how easy it is to install. A dual float switch will give your basement added protection against flooding.
If your basement has a sump pump, you should have a battery backup sump pump installed, too. Because, hey, your basement is an important place. It is loaded with valuable personal property that shouldn’t get wet.
Call Blue Frost Heating & Cooling at (630) 444-0860 today.
We’d be happy to help you choose the battery backup sump pump that is best for your home.
Save the day and your next grand vacation. Protect your basement from flooding.
Get to know our quick installation process of a device tailored to your needs
- In-Home Consultation
- Free In-Home Estimate Provided
- Timely Installation Scheduled
- Quality Installation Performed
- Enjoy Your Enhancement