Published on March 17th, 2016
Air Conditioning Maintenance Naperville IL Recommends
When it gets hot outside, you want nothing but for the inside of your home to be nice and cool. This is possible if you go through the proper Air Conditioning Maintenance Naperville IL has available. There are many things you can do for yourself, but it is a good idea to have Blue Frost come out once a year to run professional maintenance checks and cleaning on your system as well. When Blue Frost comes to your home, here is what you can expect from a professional Air Conditioning Maintenance Naperville IL offers.
Technicians will run a number of checks on your air conditioning unit. They include:
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Testing for leaks with leak detectors
- Capturing any coolant that needs to be drained
- Checking ducts and seals for any leaks throughout central air systems
- Measuring airflow from the evaporator coil
- Checking the thermostat for correct levels
- Inspecting electrical connections to see if non-conductive coatings are needed
- Watching oil motors for wear and belts for tightness
- Cleaning a variety of interior and exterior parts for efficiency
Professional HVAC technicians will also inform you if there are any parts that are showing wear and tear. These parts might need to be replaced within a certain time frame so you do not have a complete air conditioner break down. Replacing small items sooner can prevent larger problems later and save you money.
As the cooling season begins, make sure you run your own maintenance checks as well. Here are a few items you can be responsible for doing on your own.
- Change air filters on a regular basis
- Check outside unit to ensure it is free of debris
- Check inside unit to make sure no boxes or other items are too close
- Clean various coils for efficiency
- Check drains for clogs